With escalating living expenses and freezes on salaries, it is only sensible to turn our mind towards ways of reducing our daily expenses. Electricity bills are cause for woes for many and this article is an endeavour to bring to you some very handy tips on making substantial savings on your electricity bills.
1. When you are not using your appliances, turn them off and unplug at the power point.
2. Be sure to turn off lights when you are not using a room.
3. Fill your dishwasher completely and try to wash all your dishes in one go.
4. Try to limit usage of your washing machine and endeavour to wash as many things as you can in one go.
5. When heating or cooling a room in your house, close the doors and windows to save energy.
6. While washing dishes in the kitchen, try to use cold water instead of hot water.
7. Rug yourself up by putting on layers of warm clothes to limit the usage of the heater.
8. Switching off the TV with a remote control does not turn it off in its entirety. Unplug it from the power point connection.
9. Open the windows to enable the sunlight to come in therefore warming up the house and reducing your electricity bill.
10. While using the heater, turn it a notch down. You will not notice the difference but will make great savings on your bills.
11. Reduce the duration of your hot showers to contribute towards a significant reduction in electricity bills.
12. Make use of the daylight hours and try not to use lights as long as you can.
13. Use fluorescent light bulbs which are more energy efficient and have prolonged longevity in comparison to the incandescent light bulbs.
14. Go solar. Solar energy relies on the sun and significantly reduces energy costs. After the initial outlay, you will enjoy years of gratifyingly low energy bills.
15. Try to cook several dishes at the same time in the oven.
16. While using the oven, close the oven door to contain the heat.
17. Dry washed clothes by using the free sunlight instead of resorting to the dryer.
18. Use hair dryers occasionally and allow hair to dry naturally. This will not only slash your power costs but will also allow your hair to take a breather from harmful hair dryers.
19. Use fans rather than air conditioners while trying to cool your house.
Hope the above tips truly assist you in reducing your power bills and your carbon footprints while augmenting your happiness and your wallet.