There are numerous ways we can supplement our ordinary income. In this article I have compiled some easy ways to make a little extra cash. Enjoy.
1. Lease your car park If your home comes complete with a car park or parking lot and if you are not using it then you can make some nifty cash by leasing it out. Enquire around, speak to neighbours and consider advertising on gumtree and local newspapers. You could lease out your car park for $35-$100 per month. Obviously the leasing fee will be contingent on a number of factors including whether the car park has a shade, proximity to the city and/or the railway station, demand for car parks in your suburb and so forth. This is indubitably a lazy way to earn some extra money from home.
Image by FSO via WIkimedia Commons
2. Sell your books Textbooks, once used may not be required again. Similarly, story books may become redundant once you have satiated your hunger for knowledge, wisdom and entertainment. These books often continue to have a hapless existence on bookshelves, collecting dust. Make some extra cash by selling any unwanted book online and through word of mouth. You can resort to ebay, gumtree, university websites, fellow students, peers and second hand bookstores to sell your books at a nice price.
Image by Gnosos via Wikimedia Commons
3. Sell photos You may be the owner of a nice camera and have a habit of snapping photos with your camera. You may be able to sell your photos for a good price on various websites. Companies like Shutterstock and Photoreview pay good incentives for good photos. Registration is often free and you can start selling your photos anytime.
4. Make money from cooking If you have been lauded for your culinary skills then you can consider making some quick bucks from your Masterchef abilities. You can cook and bake anything and everything in the comfort of your home and sell your creations to local cafes, friends and colleagues. You can cater for various events and make some nifty cash from these ventures. Word of mouth is imperative to the success of this business endeavour.
Image by Alex Proimos via Wikimedia Commons
5. Secure a second job Securing a second job is a wonderful way of earning some extra money. Peruse the local newspapers and various jobsites to secure a second job.
6. Turn yourself into a walking ad Register your car at freecarmedia website and as soon as they have an advertiser, they will paint your car with their product name and/or slogan. You can start making money from doing nothing, well almost nothing.